Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Top Ten

It's that time of year again when I reflect back over the past year including the books I've read, the authors I've discovered, my favorite quotes and scenes from the best books of 2011. 

My top ten consists of the top ten books I've read this year. That doesn't mean they had to come out in 2011. I've also added a few other cute little notes at the end. Favorite book couple, the men I most usually imagine as the hero when I'm reading etc. etc. It was lots of fun to write and I hope you'll let me know what you thought was the best book you read in 2011! I'd love to hear about them... they might even make my top 10 of 2012!


These are in no particular order but I did pick an overall favorite... I'll let you know at the end! They may not be the critics favorites, but they're mine!

Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep










Belong to Me by Shayla Black













Dark Lover by J.R. Ward













Scones & Bones by Laura Childs











Bound by the Vampire Queen by Joey W. Hill












A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness












Sea Witch by Helen Hollick













The Solider by Grace Burrowes













Murder by Mocha by Cleo Coyle













Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney




















You're probably wondering which one of these books was my favorite of 2011? I think all of the genres I love are represented here from historical romance all the way to urban fantasy and erotica. My favorite book of 2011 is probably one of my favorite books ever. If you like paranormal reading and you haven't tried this series... what could you possibly be waiting for LOL!


Favorite book of 2011!


Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood - Book 1) by J.R. Ward




My favorite book couple of the year didn't make my top ten books, but that's OK... I still love them:   Malachi and his Irish Flower, Elisa from Vampire Instinct by Joey W. Hill.



My favorite amateur sleuth of 2011 was definitely Claire Cosi from Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mystery series.






My favorite cover of the year.... easily Bound by the Vampire Queen by Joey W. Hill. Just Gorgeous!




And who do I think about when I'm reading a hot steamy romance or book with a great hero in it... that's easy... my favorite actor or my favorite musician take your pick...! Dark and handsome is kind of my thing!


Sam Witwer (Being Human, Smallville)





















Adam Levine (Lead Singer for Maroon 5)







It's been a great year and I'm looking forward to all the great books of 2012!

No comments: