Sunday, July 11, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (29)

Shelia at, One Person's Journey Through A World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

The Dark Rose (Moreland Dynasty series - Book 2) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles (For review from Sourcebooks)
Perfect Reader by Maggie Pouncey (For review from Pantheon)
Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar series - Book 6) by Bertrice Small (For review from Harlequin)
The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno by Ellen Bryson (For review from Henry Holt)
The Stormchasers by Jenna Blum (For review from Dutton/Penguin)

I had another great reading week. I'm sticking at about 5 a week right now. That's a real record for me. The Dark Rose was really good for those of you Historical Fiction buffs, and The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno was a very different type of book, also about a different time period. Those two were my favorites of the week. My review of The Dark Rose will post on Monday. I hope to keep up this pace, although I am going to take it a little easier this week.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

Muffins and Mayhem: Recipes for a Happy (if Disorderly) Life by Suzanne Beecher (For review from Media Muscle)
This Must be the Place by Kate Racculia (For review from Henry Holt)
Touching the Clouds (Alaskan Skies series - Book 1) by Bonnie Leon (For review from Revell)

These are just the three that I need to finish this week. If I finish more that's a good thing. I might actually get ahead for once LOL... Miracles do happen! I'm really looking forward to Muffins & Mayhem by Suzanne Beecher. She does online book clubs for libraries all over the country and I happen to be a part of one of them, so I'm really excited about this one.

UP NEXT:

The Price of Revenge by Dennis Vaughn (For review from Phenix Publicity)
The Brother's of Gwynedd, Pt. 3: The Hounds of Sunset by Edith Pargeter (For review from Sourcebooks)
To Conquer a Highlander (Scottish Highlands series - Book 1) by Mary Wine (For review from Sourcebooks)
Courting Morrow Little by Laura Franz (For review from Revell)
The Faith Dare: 30 Days to Live Life to the Fullest by Debbie Alsdorf (For review from Revell)

Now that's a pretty industrious list LOL... Let's see how long it takes me to get it done!

10 comments:

Llehn said...

I hope you meet your goals this week. Happy reading!

Alaine said...

You are going great getting through 5 books a week. Hope you have another great week, you've got a good selection.

Rebecca Chapman said...

You have a big week up ahead, hope you enjoy them all

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You really did have a great week! Talking to Girls about Duran Duran cracked me up - what a title! :D

Cass said...

I think I'm settling for two books a week. I'd be happy with that. I simply can't spend too much time reading anymore. Life happens.

The stormchasers and Perfect Reader sounds interesting. I need to look those up.

Check out my post, and feel free to enter my contest.

Mystica said...

Its quite a long list of stuff to do. Hope you have a good week.

heather said...

Talking to Girls about Duran Duran sounds good. I may be showing my age with that comment!

Shy said...

An extremely great week for you! Hope that you're able to meet your goal for this week. Until later, happy reading!

Stephanie said...

I love the title Muffins and Mayhem. :-) I look forward to hearing more about it.

Kristi said...

We are reading a couple of the same books this week - This Must Be the Place and Touching the Clouds. Enjoy your reading week!