Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (30)

Shelia, at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

Muffins and Mayhem: Recipes for a Happy (if Disorderly) Life by Suzanne Beecher (For review from Media Muscle)
This Must be the Place by Kate Racculia (For review from Henry Holt)
Touching the Clouds (Alaskan Skies series - Book 1) by Bonnie Leon (For review from Revell)
The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club series - Book 6) by James Patterson

I laid back a little bit this week because I have a big reading week coming up, and I still ended up finishing 4 books. I'm really on a role or I've just gotten into a better rhythm of reading. I don't like to rush through a book because I think that takes away from the experience and those books you don't remember years down the road. I've taken a different approach and gotten ahead of my game a little bit so I can enjoy reading more. It's certainly made all the difference. Muffins & Mayhem was awesome, you gotta read that one. This Must be the Place is a great chick lit or contemporary novel. Touching the Clouds is an awesome beginning to a new series by Bonnie Leon and The 6th Target was a great addition to the Women's Murder Club series... All good reads this week.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

The Price of Revenge by Dennis Vaughn (For review from Phenix Publicity)
The Brother's of Gwynedd, Pt. 3: The Hounds of Sunset by Edith Pargeter (For review from Sourcebooks)
To Conquer a Highlander (Scottish Highlands series - Book 1) by Mary Wine (For review from Sourcebooks)
Courting Morrow Little by Laura Franz (For review from Revell)
The Faith Dare: 30 Days to Live Life to the Fullest by Debbie Alsdorf (For review from Revell)

I know it's a big list, but I've been working on a few of these and savoring the reads for a bit and hope to finish as many as I can this week. I'm optimistic. My daughter is having dental surgery tomorrow, so if I'm calm enough I'll get to read while she's having it done and while I'm nursing her back to health. We'll see how it goes!

UP NEXT:

Too Rich and Too Thin: Not an Autobiography by Barbara Deshong (For review from Phenix Publicity)
The Seeker by Ann Gabhart (For review from Revell)
Damaged (Kate Lange Thriller series - Book 1) by Pamela Callow (For review from Media Muscle)
Waking The Witch (Women of the Otherworld series - Book 11) by Kelley Armstrong (For review from Dutton/Penguin)
To Conquer Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds (For review from Sourcebooks)
Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued by Kim Meeder & Laurie Sacher (For review from Waterbrook Multnomah)

This is gonna be a good week. Several books in this list that I'm really looking forward to.

11 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Muffins and Mayhem huh? Interesting title.


Here is mine

Lydia said...

I'm tempted by the Duran, Duran book - even though I know NOTHING about them. Seriously, the name of that book is cool.

Here is my Monday!

Rebecca Chapman said...

It's a great feeling when you feel like you are on a readnig roll! I hope that yours persists

The1stdaughter said...

Wow! What an incredible list! You are doing such a wonderful job! Isn't it funny though, how if we take a step back a bit things seem to sort themselves out? Glad you had a great week!

Have a fabulous reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

Mystica said...

I also like the sound of Muffins and Mayhem.

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed your books. The titles all sound very interesting.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have a lot of good reading going! Muffins and Mayhem sounds good.... :)

Kathy Martin said...

You did have a good week. Muffins & Mayhem does sound good and I love the title. Here is my Monday report. Happy reading!

Sarah said...

I cannot wait to read Waking the Witch! I love the Woman of the Otherworld series. I would love to read a novel featuring Nick though! Have a great week!

dollycas aka Lori said...

They all look good!!! Feel my wish list growing yet again today. Will need to clone myself to read all these good books.

Dollycas
Here's my week:
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

Jenny Girl said...

You had a good week last week. Great job :)