Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Wrap-Up!

I have decided that I would like to do a monthly wrap-up post, just to let you know what went on the previous month in case there is something you'd like to go back and take a look at and what not.

Before I start the January Wrap-Up! I have a little unfinished business from 2010. I had planned to make a Top Ten of 2010 post right at the end of December and life kind of got in the way and I didn't get the chance to do it. So, I want to do that before I go on with the wrap up. When I first started looking at what I had read throughout the year and picking those books I enjoyed most, I had a hard time narrowing it down... in the end I ended up with my Top Ten, + 2. Yeap, I have twelve favorites and here they are:

2010 TOP TEN + 2


These are not in any particular order!

1.) Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson (My Review)
2.) Hiking Through by Paul V. Stutzman (My Review)
3.) A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare (My Review)
4.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (My Review)
5.) Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (My Review) (Read this one in DEC.)
6.) Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (My Review)
7.) The Fire Lord's Lover by Kathryne Kennedy (My Review)
8.) Shift by Rachel Vincent (My Review)
9.) The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen (My Review)
10.) Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (My Review)
11.) Uncertain Magic by Laura Kinsale (My Review)
12.) Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair (My Review)

Here's the break down: (Some fit in more than one category!)

1 Chicklit
1 Memoir
7 Paranormal Influences
1 Paranormal Romance
2 Historical Romances
1 Urban Fantasy
1 Young Adult
1 Fantasy
1 Steampunk
1 Science Fiction

JANUARY WRAP-UP!

Reviews: 27
Guest Post: 2
Interviews: 1
Giveaways: 3
Memes: 7

Favorite Book of the Month: Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood - Book 1) by J.R. Ward

5 Apple Reviews:

I don't give too many negative reviews because even if I did't like the book and it wasn't my cup of tea it doesn't mean it won't be someone else's. However, if I give a 5 apple review, it was exceptional in my opinion.

Softly and Tenderly (A Song Bird Novel - Book 2) by Sara Evans and Rachel Hauck
Dark Secrets of the Old Oak Tree by Delores J. Wilson
Darkfever (Fever - Book 1) by Karen Marie Moning
Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet - Book 3) by Nora Roberts
The Search (Lancaster County Secrets - Book 3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Dewey: The Library Cat by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter
Never Been Kissed by Melody Carlson
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood - Book 1) by J.R. Ward
The Fire in Ember by DiAnn Mills

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

The 50 States Challenge: 26%
Steampunk Challenge: 20%
Adult Paranormal Romance Challenge: 15%
Just For Fun Challenge: 8%
Read A Myth Challenge: 0%
What's In a Name Challenge: 0%

2011 Christian Fiction Challenge: 50%
2011 A to Z Challenge: 35%
2011 New Author's Reading Challenge: 32%
2011 1st in a Series Challenge: 30%
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 21%
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 17%
2011 Mystery and Suspense Challenge 17%
2011 Romance Reading Challenge: 17%
2011 E-Book Challenge: 15%
2011 Global Reading Challenge: 14%
2011 Cozy Mystery Challenge: 10%
2011 Historical Romance Challenge: 8%
2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge: 7%
2011 Historical Fiction Challenge: 5%
2011 Vampire Challenge: 5%
2011Books Won Challenge: 0%
2011 TBR Challenge: 0%
2011 YA Reading Challenge: 0%
2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge: 0%
2011 Highland Reading Challenge: 0%
2011 Paranormal YA Reading Challenge: 0%
2011 Show Me The Free Challenge: 0%
2011 Shifter's Challenge: 0%
2011 Debut Author's Challenge: 0%
2011 Audio Book Challenge: 0%
2011 Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge: 0%

Reading Challenge Addict Challenge: 0%

Looking forward to great month in February... Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Fantastic month! I have Backseat Saints on audio but have yet to listen.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-monthly-news.html

Scorpio M. said...

I see you gave DARKFEVER 5 Apples. I must start that series!