Saturday, January 30, 2010
Giveaway Saturday (6)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Over The Top Blog Award!
I recently won the Over The Top Blog award from two different blogs. I've been busy and haven't been able to pass that on until now.
Your Mother? sweet
Your Father? strong
Your Favorite Food? Chinese
Your Dream Last Night? Romantic
Your Favorite Drink? Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi
Your Dream/Goal? Novelist
What Room Are You In? Living
Your Hobby? Reading
Your Fear? Heights
Where Do You Want To Be In Six Years? Writing
Where Were You Last Night? Home
Something That You Aren't? Selfish
Wish List Item? Books
Where Did You Grow Up? Kentucky
Last Thing You Did? Write
What Are You Wearing? Sweatshirt
Your TV? Off
Your Pets? Sundae!
Your Life? Contented
Your Mood? Joyful
Missing Someone? Yes
Something You Aren't Wearing? Necklace
Your Favorite Store? Coffee Tree Books
Your Favorite Color? Green
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Last Night
Last Time You Cried? Wednesday
Your Best Friend? Lori
One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Book Store
Favorite Place To Eat? China Cafe
Friday Spotlight (5)
Thursday, January 28, 2010
T-B-R Thursday (6)
-John Charles, Booklist
Audrianna Kelmsleigh is unattached, independent-and armed. Her adversary is Lord Sebastian Sommerhays. What they have in common is Audrianna's father, who died in a scandalous conspiracy-a deserved death in Sebastian's eyes. Audrianna vows to clear her father's name, never expecting to fall in love with the man devoted to destroying it...
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Whatever Wednesday (3)
Today's Whatever Wednesday is a Question... I currently have a giveaway going on for two books, Margaret Mallory's, Knight of Pleasure and Ian Rankin's, Exit Music.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Review: From Zero To Christian In Just 35 Years
Review: The Choice
Teaser Tuesday (7)
Monday, January 25, 2010
Review: The Red Siren
Review: The Sherbrooke Bride
50 Followers Giveaway!
I have finally reached the lofty goal of 50 followers. So it's time for my first giveaway! First of all I want to thank everyone who has made my blog a success so far. I hope that you keep coming back and that you enjoy the content. Feel free to let me know what you think and how you feel anytime.
- You must be 18 or over to participate
- U.S residents or U.S addresses only. No P.O. boxes.
- You must be a Google Friend Connect Follower (this will be verified)
- You must give a valid email address in order to win
- Winners will be chosen by random.org or by hat (wink)
- Winners will be notified by E-mail and have 48 hours to respond
- If winners do not respond in 48 hours a new winner will be chosen
- Please leave a comment on this post with a valid e-mail address letting me know that you wish to be entered. This format is acceptable: justpeachy36 (at) yahoo (dot) com
- YOU MUST BE A GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT FOLLOWER!
- Please leave one comment with all your extra entries
- +3 For New Followers
- +5 For Old Followers
- +5 for following me on Twitter @justpeachy36 & posting about this giveaway (this will be verified) (leave a link)
- +5 for posting about this giveaway on your blog with a post or sidebar (leave link)
- +5 If you refer another follower (you get five, they get five... make sure you both let me know)
- +5 For commenting on any other post within the giveaway time limit (January 25th - February 12th) Please comeback and let me know!
- Pub. Date: December 2009
- Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
- Format: Mass Market Paperback, 400pp
- Sales Rank: 5,259
- Series: All the King's Men Series
- ISBN-13: 9780446553384
- ISBN: 0446553387
- Edition Description: Original
THE GREATEST PASSION
Lady Isobel Hume is an expert swordswoman who knows how to choose her battles. When the king asks her to wed a French nobleman to form a political alliance, she agrees. But that's before the devilishly charming Sir Stephen Carleton captures her heart-and tempts her to betray her betrothed, her king, and her country.
IS WORTH THE GREATEST PERIL
Sir Stephen Carleton enjoys his many female admirers-until he dedicates himself to winning the lovely Isobel. So when a threat against the king leads Isobel into mortal danger, Stephen has a chance to prove that he is more than a knight of pleasure...and that love can conquer all.
- Pub. Date: December 2009
- Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
- Format: Mass Market Paperback, 544pp
- Sales Rank: 17,245
- ISBN-13: 9780316018876
- ISBN: 0316018872
The Barnes & Noble Review
Mulish and melancholy, Detective Sergeant John Rebus of Edinburgh's CID first made himself known to the world 21 years ago in 1987's Knots and Crosses, Ian Rankin's second novel. Forty-one years old, divorced, unkempt, bulky, a human filtration system for smoke, booze, and caffeine, Rebus was and still is haunted by scenes from a murky past in the army and ruthless training in the elite ranks of the SAS. Elevated long ago to the rank of detective inspector, he is now a veteran of 16 novels, the dark star of countless sordid investigations, and a scourge to overbearing superiors. Through soul-drenching drizzle and "smirr," Rebus has prowled Edinburgh's mean streets, docksides, vandalized council estates, and sleazy clubs. Here is the other side of "The Athens of the North," scenes of neglected children, delinquent adolescents, and brutalized men and women, of drugs, prostitution, and pornography -- and lousy food: Looking at the interior of a car in Black and Blue, the eighth novel in the series, Rebus reflects on this iconic tableau, "chocolate wrappers, empty crisp bags, crushed bricks of orange juice and Ribena, the heart of the Scottish diet: sugar and salt. Add alcohol and you had heart and soul."
I am getting ready to have my first ever giveaway and decided it was necessary to put up a giveaway policy. So that everything is clear to those people who enter any giveaways I might have on my blog. Just a few simple rules. Easy to follow.
- You must be 18 or over to participate.
- You must be a follower of my blog through Google Friend Connect. (this will be verified)
- You must be a U.S resident or be able to have your book sent to a U.S. address.
- No P.O. boxes.
- You must leave your e-mail address. This format is fine: justpeachy36 (at) yahoo (dot) com
- Winners will be notified via e-mail and given 48 hours to respond.
- If winners do not respond within the time limit another winner will be chosen.
- Winners will be chosen one of two ways, either by random.org or the old number in the hat.
Simply Marvelous Monday (7)
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Giveaway Saturday (5)
Today is giveaway Saturday! I will be going through some of the blogs that I follow and finding 10 giveaways to share with you. Enjoy!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Friday Spotlight (4)
Thursday, January 21, 2010
T-B-R Thursday (5)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Review: Vision In White
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Teaser Tuesday (6)
Monday, January 18, 2010
Simply Marvelous Monday (6)
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I'm almost up to 50 followers. When I reach that lofty goal I will be posting my first giveaway and my giveaway policy. Just 5 more to go!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Giveaway Saturday (4)
Friday, January 15, 2010
Friday Spotlight (3)
The Friday Spotlight will focus on a blog that I've run across in my blog roaming that doesn't have a big following yet. I will spotlight the blog and let my readers know about the reasons I like the blog and what it has to offer. Hopefully, it will garner that blog some new followers and my readers a new place to visit for more book blogging fun.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
T-B-R Thursday (4)
It's T-B-R Thursday once again!
- Pub. Date: January 26, 2010
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Format: Hardcover, 496pp
- Sales Rank: 7,784
- Series: Rain Wilds Series, #1
- ISBN-13: 9780061561627
- ISBN: 0061561622
Here be dragons—but debilitated, deformed, damaged dragons, hatched too soon, sick and starving, into a world that has mostly forgotten them. The first of Hobb's Rain Wild Chronicles, an absorbing extension of her Liveship and Tawny Man trilogies, introduces 15 young dragons who struggle to survive with the grudging help of mutant Rain Wilders. Eventually driven out by the Traders Council, the hatchlings decide to seek Kelsingra, their ancient home. Caught up by the dragons' plight and longing to escape unhappy families and the stifling Rain Wild culture, self-taught dragon scholar Alise Kincannon and teenage tree-dwelling mutant Thymara volunteer to accompany them on the quest, with the help of magnetic liveship captain Leftrin and a host of colorful characters. Hobb's meticulously realized fantasy tale is a welcome addition to contemporary dragon lore. (Feb.)