Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review:Gabriel's Ghost

My Synopsis:

Chasidah Bergren, Captain in the Sixth Fleet was framed for a crime she didn't commit and sentenced to a prison planet from which no one escapes. To her surprise a ghost from her past offers her freedom for a price. Gabriel Sullivan, pirate, mercenary, poet was presumed dead until he saved her life.

But, there's a lot more to Sully than meets the eye. He is bent on destroying a gen lab that is breeding uncontrollable animals that will cost the lives of hundreds of innocent people unless he can stop them. Chaz is the only person who can help him.

Their attraction to each other is palpable. Good girl, meets bad boy! How will they find the time to explore their feelings with so much at stake? Is Sully what he seems or is there something lurking in his past that he doesn't want Chaz to know about? You really should read and find out!

My Thoughts:

Where can I start with this book. I knew before hand that Linnea Sinclair was considered one of the best in the paranormal romance genre. Having won many awards and selling outrageous numbers of books. So I was prepared to be impressed. This was my first foray into the genre and I was excited to read this one. I certainly wasn't disappointed.

From the first page to the last this was a great book! Not only a love story but one of learning about tolerance and finding out the ideas you've always held about people are not always correct. It's a story about prejudice and acceptance.

The storytelling itself was very well crafted. These are characters that the writer has to dream up from scratch. The reader has no previous knowledge of what a 'stolorth' or a 'Taka' is, so description is key. Making the reader visualize in their minds what these characters not only look like but what they are all about. Very well done.

The main characters Chasidah and Gabriel are so different that the adage 'opposites attract' is very apt. She is the pride of the Empire, a Captain, used to following rules and regulations while he is reckless and daring, a pirate she has chased herself more than once. Their love story shows a depth of understanding that most people never reach. Can you accept someone even though it goes against everything you've been taught to believe? Can you love someone who capable of changing how you look at the world?

This one is definitely gets 5 out 5 apples from my book bag! I highly recommend it, if paranormal romance is your thing and even if it's not.


2 comments:

dobby said...

I've been wanting to read this author ever since I give sci-fi a try with Ann Aguirre's Jax series. I will definitely try this author. Thanks for the review!

EVA SB said...

From your review this sounds like a great book especially as with Space Travel and genetic experimentation it really hits my buttons.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention