Saturday, February 13, 2010

Friday Spotlight on Saturday!

The Friday Spotlight will focus on a blog that I've run across in my blog roaming that doesn't have a big following yet. I will spotlight the blog and let my readers know about the reasons why I like the blog and what it has to offer. Hopefully, it will garner that blog some new followers and my readers a new place to visit for more book blogging fun.


This weeks spotlight blog is: Fire & Ice

Fire & Ice currently has 102 followers. Ambrosia from Minnesota does a wonderful job with this blog! Ambrosia is obviously a big Twilight fan. I love the Jasper Hale quote on the header for Fire & Ice. Also the Eclipse countdown on the sidebar is awesome! I can't wait for New Moon to be out on video, March 20th!

Ambrosia takes part in several meme's. At least one for each day of the week. Here are a few: Musing Monday's, Teaser Tuesdays, Wicked Wednesday, Booking Through Thursday and Friday Firsts. I love meme's! I think it allows other bloggers and book lovers to see things from someone else's point of view. I love to see what other people are reading because that's where I find books to at to my Wish List.

Fire & Ice has a great blog list on the right sidebar. Most readers enjoy looking at the blog roll to find other bloggers to visit and to see if this blogger likes the same things they do. I always take a look at other peoples lists, never know what you might find!

Ambrosia has entered several challenges this year and we all know how I love challenges. One of the reasons I started book blogging actually. I wanted to participate and post my reviews for challenges. Here are some that Fire & Ice has entered for the year: 2010 Sookie Stackhouse Challenge, 2010 Read and Review Challenge, 2010 100+ Challenge, 2010 Read From My Shelves Challenge, 2010 Chic Lit Challenge and the 2010 YA Challenge. There are definitely some challenges here that I might take up for next year.

Fire & Ice is sponsoring one Challenge of it's own. The 2010 Fire & Ice Historical Fiction Challenge! I love Historical Fiction, it's one of my primary reading genre's. This is a great challenge. Stop by Fire & Ice and sign up for this one, if HF is your thing!

This is a great blog that offers a lot of the things that I like to see in a blog. Go by and check it out, I'm sure you will enjoy your visit to Fire & Ice!



No comments: