Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Review: Embracing Your Freedom

My Synopsis:

Embracing Your Freedom: A Personal Experience of God's Heart for Justice by Susie Larson

(For review from Pump Up Your Book Promotions)

Embracing Your Freedom by Susie Larson is several books rolled into one. It’s a devotional, a study guide, and a personal memoir of Susie’s experience with Gods heart for justice. The book addresses issues that are facing women throughout the world that most people would rather not know about.

Larson encourages women to embrace their own freedom through a deeper relationship with God. Once this freedom becomes a central part in the life of the reader, their perspective on everything changes and it allows them to see how they can use their own gifts, resources and opportunities to help other women facing insurmountable obstacles.

Susie uses personal stories from her experiences working with the International Justice Mission to illustrate the dire needs facing women and young girls in other countries. She encourages the reader to see how they could make a difference in the world. How will you change history? Embrace your own freedom and then give that hope to others.

My Thoughts:

Susie Larson’s book really made me do a lot of thinking about my own freedom through Christ and how that affected everything I do on a daily basis. From the poignant stories of survivors to the study questions and heartfelt prayers at the end of each chapter, I began to see how I could be used by God in new and amazing ways. It made me realize that there is a world outside my own sphere of understanding and that I can do something to affect it.

I liked the way the author made the book personal by sprinkling in tidbits and stories from her own life and experiences. The book not only made me aware of what other women in the world face, but it gave me options as to how I could do something to help them.

This book had a profound affect on me. It changed my view of the world a bit. I think we take for granted the comforts and the opportunities we are afforded in this world and we need to consider that others are not as fortunate. How can we help them?

Here is a little more information about Susie Larson.

Author Bio:


Ask Susie about her conviction for women, and she'll tell you, "The two pillars in my ministry, the two things I care most about are for women to be drawn into a 'deeper life in Christ' that they might live more 'powerful lives on earth.' When we pursue a thriving, personal, intimate walk of faith, we can't help but be compelled to make a difference in our world." With enthusiasm, humor, and conviction, author/speaker Susie Larson has spoken to thousands of women locally, nationally, and internationally. She is a member of the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, Women in Christian Media, and has served on the board of directors for the Christian Authors Network. Susie also regularly fills in as guest host for Along the Way - a two-hour talk radio show (AM Faith 900). Susie worked as a freelance writer for Focus on the Family, and published over fifty articles with them. She has been featured on radio and TV programs across the country, including Moody Midday Connection, Family Life Today, Chris Fabry Live!, The Harvest Show, and the LIFE Today Show with James and Betty Robison.

While in Washington D.C., Susie and her husband Kevin, along with Troy and Sara Groves, represented International Justice Mission's*concerns in meetings with Congress as part of their efforts to abolish and prevent human trafficking and slavery. The four of them serve as co-chairs for the IJM benefit banquet in Minnesota. Susie and her husband Kevin have been married since 1985 and have three wonderful, grown sons. Susie comes with a passion to share the love of a Savior who will never let us go. Susie's messages will help you to:
Cultivate a more personal and thriving relationship with Jesus
Understand God's promises and be more bold in your faith
Understand your value and the important call on your life
Comprehend God's heart for the least-of-these.

You can visit Susie online at http://susielarson.com/

*IJM, among other things, rescues young girls from the horrific life of human trafficking. (visit www.ijm.org )


This book is available at your favorite bookseller now!


Overall I found this book refreshing and it definitely gave me a new perspective. I give this one 5 out 5 apples from my book bag.





6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the great review of Susie's book, Deb. I've read this one too, and it definitely has the power to change lives. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Readers can find a trailer for this book at YouTube

Thanks again.

Cheryl

www.pumpupyourbook.com

justpeachy36 said...

Thanx, Cheryl...

I'm glad you liked it.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds very good!

Susie Larson said...

Thanks so much for the kind review of my book! May God continue to bless you as you step up into all of the great things He has planned for you!
Blessings,
Susie Larson

justpeachy36 said...

Thank-You Susie,

It was a pleasure reading your book. It was very moving.

Shy said...

Great review!