Monday, February 22, 2010

Review: The Gospel According To Lost

My Synopsis:

The Gospel According To Lost by Chris Seay

(for review from Thomas Nelson)

The Gospel According to Lost was written between the fifth season and the current 6th and final season of the wildly popular ABC television show, Lost. This book does not contain spoilers, it is the authors ideas of how the characters and the story of Lost fit in with Biblical principles. Oceanic flight 815 took off from Sydney, Australia and crashed over 1000 miles off course, which introduced us to a band of castaways whose lives are intertwined in small and amazing ways. But, is Lost more than just a TV show? Is it really about the struggle between good and evil? What can we learn from it?

My Thoughts:

Author Chris Seay is quick to let the reader know that there is more to meet the eye with this television show. It has been kept very quiet and guarded about what the final outcome will be. Millions of people around the world have speculated, formed theories, argued over the lunch table and become a part of the Lost experience. It has revolutionized how people view television and yet all along the creators may have had something very different in mind. Seay, likens the characters to patron saints and lets the reader explore their feelings about the story of each one.

Any fan of Lost would enjoy reading this book! It gives deeper insight into what might be going on in this series that has taken the world by storm. I loved the book and came away from reading it with more questions than answers, which is what Lost seems to be all about.

I give this one 4 out 5 apples from my book bag!

(Thomas Nelson requires a 200 word review, this is a little over, but still conveys what the book is all about.)


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris has the amazing ability to connect LOST with the Gospel, and he did it successfully.

The Gospel According To Lost is another creative writing that is another great book following his previous releases.

Sara said...

Looks like an interesting book! I can't wait for the final season of Lost!

Tales of Whimsy said...

As a fan of LOST I'm fascinated by this one. Thanks for the review :)

Cate said...

I lovelovelove Lost. Thanks for letting us know about this one! *rushes to book store*

Llehn said...

I love Lost. I may just pick this one up.

lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

prashant said...

Looks like an interesting book! I can't wait for the final season of Lost!

Work from home India

jellybelly82158 said...

I love Lost. THis may be one to get

EVA SB said...

I gave up on Lost after a season and a half so I don't think this book will be making my TBR list

throuthehaze said...

How did I not know about this book? It sounds interesting and I LOVE Lost!

Shy said...

To be very honest, I never know that the TV series has been made into books! *lol* I'm not really a fan of Lost after the death of Boone, so I'm not sure if this one is for me.