Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - Day Three

It's day three of Book Blogger Appreciation Week. The topic for today is Unexpected Treasure. Bloggers will share a genre or book they tried based on the influence of another blogger.

This is a pretty easy one for me. I have tried so many news things since I started blogging it's not even funny, LOL! One of the genres that really surprised me came on the recommendation of Abigail from, All Things Urban Fantasy. I had read a bit of the paranormal, what I would consider regular fantasy, but not real Urban Fantasy before and after reading dozens of reviews from Abigail I finally decided to give one a try. As they say the rest is history.

One of my favorite series' of books that I found out about through, All Things Urban Fantasy was the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. The cover for Silver Borne really caught my eye and after reading the review I decided to read the first book in the series, Moon Called. I loved it right away. One of those books you can tell about when you read the first paragraph. If you haven't tried urban fantasy because you don't think it would jive with you, I ask you consider it again, I think you may like it if you give it a try, I know I did.


1 comment:

fredamans said...

I totally wanna read this series!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/09/bbaw-day-4.html