Thursday, September 30, 2010

Enquiring Minds Want to Know

Enquiring Minds Want to Know is a new weekly meme hosted by Dollycas's Thoughts. The intention is for bloggers to get to know each other a little bit better. Dollycas will provide questions each week for us to answer about ourselves. There is a Mr. Linky to link your answers to, I'm going to give it a try. Please join us in making this meme a success. This is week 5.

This week Dollycas was tagged by another blogger to participate in a meme that asks questions of bloggers as well. Dollycas will be tagging 3 or 4 bloggers who have never participated in, Enquiring Minds Want to Know and hopefully this will add new blogs to those already participating. So there will be additional questions. It is not required that blogs already participating answer the additional questions but, you can if you wish to.

Here are the questions for this week and my answers!

1.) List four things you carry in your handbag.


My cell phone, my keys, my shot pack (diabetes), and library card.... Don't leave home without it, LOL!

2.) List four things on top of your desk.

Books, (tons), my blog book (has my schedule and everything I need for my blog in it, a ty beanie baby my daughter gave me a long time ago, and my digital camera.

3.) List four of your favorite things in your bedroom.

Ohhh My! Well, my flat screen tv, my awesome reading lamp, my favorite fuzzy blanket, and my window, I love looking out at the night sky, have since I was a kid!

EXTRA Questions:

1.) List four things you have always wanted to do but haven't.

Hike the Appalachian Trail (over 2,000 miles)
Attend a performance of Phantom of the Opera on Broadway in New York City
Travel to Europe, Tuscany in particular
Backpacking in the Peruvian mountains (the Incan Trail)

(I'm a hiker from way back, but my diabetes is limiting in that capacity)

2.) List four things that you really enjoy doing at the moment

The obvious one is book blogging/reading
We have a great women's group at our church that I'm really enjoying
I love to cross-stitch
Decorating for the seasons coming up, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.

3.) List four songs you can't get out of your head.

Old Time Rock - N - Roll, Bog Seger
I Can Only Imagine, Mercy Me
Smooth, Rob Thomas and Santana
Fireflies, Owl City

4.) List four things we don't know about you.

I'm from Kentucky
I'm a diabetic
I'm a Christian
I'm a former daycare owner and operator

Next week we'll be back to the three question format...

3 comments:

Carol said...

I would love to see Phantom, but only if Michael Crawford was playing the lead again. :)

carol

dollycas aka Lori said...

Thank you so much for playing along. I love the comment about the window in your bedroom, I love watching the night sky too!! Love watching a stormy sky almost as much.

Dollycas

Chelle said...

I've wanted to do the Appalachian trail, too! I've hiked and tented on top of Blood Mountain which is part of the trail in Georgia. It's so cool up there on the rock outcrop. It took us (my hubby and I) 2 hours to go up but only 1 to come down.It gets steep sometimes and there's nothing else to do but run.