Monday, September 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (36)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

I generally do things a little bit differently. I usually read and review up to about 5 or 6 books a week and I like to post a teaser from each one.

The Twisted Path Home by Fae Bidgoli, page 123. "Arezoo, follow my voice. How are you feeling?" Sogand responded instead of me.
"I am so excited. I am so happy. Finally, everyone knows I am telling the truth. Everyone knows I was not crazy..."

Mr. Darcy's Little Sister, page 89. "I'm pleased to meet you, Mrs. Darcy your fame precedes you." she said courteously. "And how is that Lady Cranton? I did not realize that my activities were of sufficient note to constitute fame," Elizabeth returned irrepressibly.

Juliet by Anne Fortier, page 184. "No, it's okay." I adjusted my dress. "It's not really an issue. But this other guy - tracksuit guy - he broke into my hotel room. And so... I think maybe I should change hotels." "You think so?" Alessandro was not impressed.

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu, page 108. I am typing what appears to be somewhat digressive and extemporaneous rambling, all of which is staring to make me have serious doubts because even as I am typing from the copy I have in my hand, the text is matching my thoughts exactly...

A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman, page 301. Painful seconds elapsed before she felt him move beside her. Her body jerked at the touch of his hand, and like a wounded animal, she curled her knees to her chest.

The Murderer's Daughter, by Randy Susan Meyers, page 180. I panicked. What color had my mother's eyes been? Were they blue? Had they been deep brown, like Merry's? We had only black-and-white photographs of Mama. Who would know? Whom could I ask?

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow...all great teasers. I have Juliet on my tbr list and might be adding a few more after reading all your teasers!

Here's my teaser.

Belinda said...

Thanks for sharing some amazing teasers. I've seen some of the books around and have been interested in learning more about them. Enjoy your day !

Here's my Tuesday Teaser

Bev Hankins said...

Great teasers! Juliet is on my TBR list.

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday.html

Alayne said...

The Twisted Path Home looks intriguing. I enjoyed Juliet as well. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Escapist said...

Always look forward to your teasers...I like that you do more than just one book. :) Thanks for sharing!

Here's my teaser: The Red Tree by Caitlin R Kiernan

Lori said...

Lovely covers.Interesting teasers

I hope that you enjoy your books. Check out my Tuesday Teaser.

fredamans said...

Some great teasers!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-time.html

Alice Audrey said...

I would hate to be unable to remember the color of a parent's eyes.

Great teasers, all of them.

My teaser is here.

E.J. Stevens said...

So many great teasers! My TT from City of Ashes is here.
xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows