Sunday, September 5, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (37)

Shelia at, One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

Foresight (The Gods of Fate series - Book 1) by Sherry Ficklin (E-ARC for review from the author)
Letters From Sweetwater by Dr. Dale Garland (For review from Phenix Publicity)
Almost to Die For (The Vampire Princess of St. Paul series - Book1) by Tate Hallaway (For review from Penguin)
Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman, with Ellen Vaughn (For review from Revell)
Radiant Daughter by Patricia Grossman (For review from Ollie Media)
To Tame a Dangerous Lord (The Courtship Wars series - Book 5) by Nicole Jordan (For review from the author)

It was a great reading week for me. I finished up everything I wanted to accomplish and then some. My favorites this week would have to include Foresight, because of the great Greek mythology feel of the book, Choosing to SEE, because I love Steven Curtis Chapman and this was a book about real people who saw hope were most couldn't have found any and Almost to Die For because I love a good paranormal YA novel now and then. I looking forward to this week and tackling some challenging books. I just love to read! That always hits be at the beginning of a new week... LOL!

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

The Golden Mean by Anabel Lyon (For review from Phenix Publicity)
Never a Bride by Amelia Grey (E-arc for review from Sourcebooks)
Whisper on the Wind (The Great War series - Book 1) by Maureen Lang (For review from Tyndale)
Shadows in the Street (Simon Serrailler series - Book 5) by Susan Hill (For review from Overlook Press)
River Rising (The Loss of Certainty series - Book 3) by T.P. Jones (For review from Phenix Publicity)
For the King's Favor by Elizabeth Chadwick (E-arc for review from Sourcebooks)
How to Sew a Button: and Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew by Erin Bried (For review from Goldberg McDuffie)

I'm looking forward to reading Whisper on the Wind, the start of a great new series from Maureen Lang. River Rising is the final book in the Loss of Certainty series, about small town politics. For the King's Favor is one I have been chomping at the bit to read and the others are starting out great as well.

UP NEXT:

I'm going to try something different for this section this week. These are some books I'm considering for next week.

Darcy's Voyage: A Tale of Unchartered Love on the Open Seas by Kara Louise (For review from Sourcebooks)


Just One Taste (Recipe for Love series) by Louisa Edwards (For review from Nancy Berland)


Making Waves (Lake Manawa Summer series - Book 1) by Lorna Steilstad (For review from Revell)


Getting There by Gerry Boylan (For review from Phenix Publicity)


One Child by Jeff Buick (For review from Enthrill Entertainment)


French Letters: Engaged in War by Jack Woodville London (For review from Phenix Publicity)



8 comments:

Mystica said...

I like your list of what you are going to try! looks a nice mix.

Jennifer said...

You had a fabulous week and another one lined up. I also Have One More Child on my shelf. Happy reading. My Monday can be found here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-labor-day-edition.html

pussreboots said...

Only three books this week because of homework. Here's what I'm reading this week.

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I'm interested in For the King's Favor, looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

Have a wonderful week! Mine is here:

http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1640

Kathy Martin said...

You did have a great week. I liked Almost to Die For too. I thought it was a fun read with a great main character. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

A Musing Mother said...

I haven't read a single one of those. Now I want to read Almost to Die For.

justpeachy36 said...

That one was really good, you'll love it!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Darcys Voyage looks good! I hope you enjoy all your reads!