Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (4)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books. The hop is a place for bloggers to connect. It is an opportunity for us to share our love for books, support each other and make new friends. A question is posted each week for bloggers to answer in their posts. The Hop lasts Friday to Monday each week, readers can hop now or throughout the weekend. A Mr. Linky is provided at the Crazy-For-Books site and over 300 bloggers participate weekly. So give it a try! Find some new blogs to visit and enjoy finding others that have as much love for reading as you do...

The question this week is:

When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move on to your next title?

My Answer:

I have always been one of these people, that once I start a book I have to finish it. It will bother me to no end if I don't! So, I generally only agree to review books that I honestly think I will like or that will benefit me or my readers in some way. I'm very selective and I think that helps to not have too many books that don't grab me or that I just don't like. That's not to say that it doesn't happen. I've suffered through a few along the way, but I felt I owed it to the publisher who asked me to do the review to give it a chance, that's not to say when I finished it that the review was what they wanted because I didn't like it LOL... But I tend to complete them one way or the other, I'm kind of OCD in that way...

7 comments:

Seduced By Books said...

great picture!! hopped over

Rebecca Glenn said...

Hey there, stopping over from the blog hop. I'm already a follower.

I do not finish every book I start, and it was one of the most liberating moments of my life (about twenty years ago or so) when I realized that I didn't have to. Life is too short, and there are too many great books out there...I give it fifty pages or so, and then I toss it into the "to be passed on to somebody else" pile.

Becky (The Book Frog)

Come visit!

Shan said...

I also need to finish books, it will bug me if I don't. However, like you said, I try to be selective and make sure I pick books I will enjoy rather than just picking because it might be interesting. This keeps me from having to put down a bunch of books.

justpeachy36 said...

I agree... the more selective you are in what you review or what you choose for pleasure, the less chance you have of getting a book that just isn't s good fit for you!

Lacey Weatherford said...

I have a hard time stopping once I start too!! I get a little guilt complex!
Your blog is breathtaking! I love it! I'm a new follower from the hop!
The Delusional Diaries

Elizabeth said...

Just hopping by from the hop.

Stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Heather said...

If you give a bad review, do you find the publisher doesn't ask you anymore, or are they more understanding than that?

Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!