Saturday, October 9, 2010

On My Wish List (4)

This is a new meme that I am going to start participating in on Saturday's, hosted by Book Chick City. The idea is to spotlight books that we have on our Wish Lists. Books we really want to read but haven't had the chance to buy yet. They can be old or new books and a Mr. Linky is provided so that we can keep up with each others choices each week.

I generally choose three books a week. Here are my choices for this week:

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I've heard a lot of buzz about this book and you know what they say, Curiosity always gets the best of a book lover.

Synopsis:

Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.

But Evie's about to realize she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. I have seen this on several blogs. That's where I generally find the books that go on my Wish List, other bloggers!

Synopsis:

Three angels are sent down to bring good to the world. Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. But she is the most human, and when she is romantically drawn to a mortal boy, the angels fear she will not be strong enough to save anyone - especially herself - from the Dark Forces.

Is love a great enough power against evil?

Firelight by Sophie Jordan. I have always had a penchant for dragons! A dragon in the modern day world should be interesting...

Synopsis:

A hidden truth.
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.

Marked as a special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for the freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who is sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki - a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.

Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: he and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away - if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.

Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

10 comments:

Mel said...

Great choice of books - I've heard a lot about Paranormalcy & Halo but not heard about Firelight before - Dragons are somewhat missing from books theses days! WIll check it out - thanks!

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads said...

Paranormalcy is bleeping fabulous. Well deserving of all the hype about it. I love the cover of Firelight! Hope they all find their way to you soon.

Miss Page-Turner said...

Hi posted on my ReCOVERy Friday about Halo aswell! Have to read that one very soon:) I love your background, looks magical...If you like to check out my Wishlist: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/on-my-wishlist-1.html

Miss Page-Turner said...

Just saw that you are participating in the Steampunk Challenge, too! Any ideas which novels to read? The only Steampunk book I've read is Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Amy said...

I recently got all three of those! I reviewed Halo if you're interested in checking it out pop on over to my blog, but for now here's my wishlist: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/10/on-my-wishlist-19.html

Jackie said...

I have ordered a copy of Paranormalcy and Firelight and cannot wait.. Halo I am still on the fence with... Hope you get all three to read soon Debbie!

My Wishlist is for only one book

jackie ^_^

Anonymous said...

Great selection on your wishlist! Hope you get to read these soon :)

My wishlist.

justpeachy36 said...

Miss Page Turner....

Yeap, I'm all in for The Steampunk Challenge. I'm going to try to read 5 steampunk books in the next year, but it will probably be more if I find I really like the genre.

My first book was Clockwork Angel, which I just finished.

I plan to read the three books in The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger, Souless is the first one!

Scott Westerfield's books, Leviathan and Behemoth are also possibilities...

The Steampunk Challenge is hosted by Rikki at The Bookkeeper and she has a page put together for steampunk recommendations... Here is the link:

http://www.rikkidonovan.com/index.php/steampunk-challenge-2/steampunk-reading-recommendations/

Lori L. Clark Art said...

I love your background. :) I've posted my Wishlist here!

New follower!

pussreboots said...

Here's what I'm wishing for this week.