Sunday, October 10, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (41)

Shelia, at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

The Making of a Gentleman by Shana Galen (Sons of the Revolution series - Book 2) (My review)

A Hellion in her Bed by Sabrina Jefferies (Hellions of Hallstead Hall series - Book 2) (My review)

Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine (My review)

The Golden Pathway by Donna M. McDine, Illustrated by K.C. Snider (My review)

The House on Malcolm Street by Leisha Kelly (My review)

Virgin River by Robyn Carr (Virgin River series - Book 1) (My review)

The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey (Five Hundred Kingdom's series - Book 1) (Review coming soon!)

My favorites of the week: This week I really liked every single book, but a few favorites would have to be A Hellion in her Bed, Virgin River and The Making of a Gentleman.

Other happenings of the week: The Making of a Gentleman Giveaway and the Highland Hellcat Giveaway.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

Bobo's Daughter: One Woman's Journey to Find Hope, Healing, and the Father Behind the Face Paint by Bonnie Barnett (Memoir)

Desiree by Annamarie Selinko (Historical Fiction)

A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores series - Book 4) by Sherryl Woods (Holiday/Romance)

Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron (General Fiction)

The Waiting (Lancaster Country Secrets series - Book 2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher (Christian Fiction)

Wicked Company by Ciji Ware (Historical Fiction/Romance)

Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber (Holiday/Romance)

Always: A Teen Devotional by Melody Carlson (Christian Devotional)

Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler (General Fiction)

Current Audio Book: The Sheen on the Silk by Anne Perry (No set time to finish)

Current E-book: Deadly Night by Heather Graham (No set time to finish)

Books I'm looking forward to this week: Debbie Macomber is one of my fav's so I'm looking forward to Call Me Mrs. Miracle, The Waiting is the second book in The Lancaster County Secrets series, and Dewey's Nine Lives, great stories about special kitty cats.

Other things going on this week: I've a few reviews to catch up on this week and several for review, so look for two reviews a day this week starting on Monday.

UP NEXT:

Nightshade by Andrea R. Cremer (For review from Penguin)

Don't Look Back (Women of Justice series - Book 2) by Lynette Eason (For review from Revell)

The Princeling (The Moreland Dynasty series - Book 3) by Cynthia Herrod-Eagles (For review from Sourcebooks)

The Passionate Brood: A Novel of Richard the Lionheart and the Man Who Became Robinhood by Margaret Campbell Barnes (For review from Sourcebooks)

Dismissed With Prejudice by Fletcher Cockrell (For review from Phenix & Phenix Publicity)

Losing Charlotte by Heather Clay (For review from Knopf Doubleday)


9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I want to read the new Debbie Macomber book...I need to catch up with some of the earlier ones, though.

Have a great week!

Here's my Monday:

Click my name for the link....

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey has a great title! I will be looking forward to your review!

Kathy Martin said...

You read a bunch this week! Congrats. I read a book by Lackey too. Mine was a Valdemar one. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

Jennifer said...

We have several books in common to read this week. You had a brilliant week. Have a lovely week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-1011.html

RAnn said...

I have Dismissed with Prejudice on my list. I enjoyed the Virgin River books too. I just posted a review of The Waiting. Enjoy your week

pussreboots said...

I'm surprised at how much I accomplished. Here's what I'm reading this week.

Hilde said...

I really liked Mrs Miracle by Debbie Macomber, so when I heard about Call Me Mrs Miracle, it went straight to my wishlist. Looking forward to your thoughts on it. I love Christmas books. :)

Karen and Gerard said...

I reading:
The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven by Kevin Malarkey
The Pelican Brief by John Grisham
Room
40 Days of Community Bible Study by Rick Warren

dollycas aka Lori said...

I love Leisha Kelly and have added the new one to my wish list. Call Me Mrs. Miracle was a fun little story, but I liked the original even more.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/