Sunday, October 3, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (40)

Shelia at, One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

The First Assassin by John Miller (My Review)
Fame: A Novel in Nine Episodes by Daniel Kehlmann (My Review)
Fiber & Brimstone by Laura Childs (My Review)
Take a Chance on Me by Jill Mansell (My Review)
Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten (My Review)
A Memory Between Us (Wings of Glory series - Book 2) by Susan Sundin (My Review)
Missing Andy by Lori A. Moore (My Review)

My favorites of the week were: Fiber & Brimstone (Great mystery!), A Memory Between Us (Second in an awesome series!) and Missing Andy (A very moving story)
Other happenings of the week: Mr. Darcy's Little Sister giveaway & my Banned Books Week post here.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

The Making of a Gentleman (The Sons of the Revolution series - Book 2) by Shana Galen (Historical Fiction/Romance)
A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Hallstead Hall series - Book 2) by Sabrina Jefferies (Historical Fiction/Romance)
Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine (Historical Fiction/Romance)
The Golden Pathway by Donna M. McDine, K.C. Snider, Illustrator (Storybook)
The House on Malcolm Street by Leisha Kelly (Christian Fiction/Romance)
Virgin River (Virgin River series - Book 1) by Robyn Carr

I'm also listening to an Audio book and reading an E-book most weeks, but I don't always have a set time to finish them, so I don't usually put them in, but they are on my sidebar if you'd like to see them before I put up my review.

Books I'm looking forward to this week: I'm looking forward to every single book this week but, the two I'm most interested in are: A Hellion in Her Bed and Virgin River

Other things going on this week: Shana Galen Guest Post & Giveaway, Mary Wine Guest Post & Giveaway

UP NEXT:

Bobo's Daughter: One Woman's Journey to Find Hope, Healing, and the Father Behind the Face Pai
nt by Bonnie Barnett (For review from Phenix & Phenix Publicity)

Desiree by Annamarie Selinko (For review from Sourcebooks)

A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores series - Book 4) by Sherryl Woods (For review from Nancy Berland PR)

Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron (For review from Penguin)

The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets series - Book 2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher (For review from Revell)

Wicked Company by Ciji Ware (For review from Sourcebooks)

Call Me, Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber (For review from Nancy Berland PR)

Always: A Teen Devotional by Melody Carlson (For review from Revell)

Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler (For review from Knopf Doubleday)

7 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I just got Dewey last week as well, I'm sure I'll need to ensure that I have a pack of tissues next to me...! Animal books tend to make me cry! :)

Here's my Monday: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Mailbox Monday...

Shy said...

I really didn't notice that there's another Dewey book by Vicki Myron! I've enjoyed the first one and as a cat lover, I think I would have to get this one as well.

Happy reading to you!

Mystica said...

Your TBR pile as well as the done lot - several very interesting books in both.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Noahs Compass looks good! I have Fire and Brimstone on deck for this week so I am excited to get into that one :)

Nancy Bristow said...

Debbie...I don't know you well enough to know which books I think you'll love or not and while I'm not familiar with all of the authors that you'll be reading this week, I wanted to say how much I personally adore the entire Robyn Carr Virgin River series. For me she is on auto buy author (I have a group:).

This morning I finished anthology Sexy Beast VIII (follower of auto buy Kate Douglas; Chanku Spirit is part of the Wolf Tale series and comes before Wolf Tales 10) and have started reading Hunting Season by another auto buy author, Shelly Laurenston.

justpeachy36 said...

Honestly I have rarely met a book I didn't like, no matter the genre. I have very eclectic tastes and can find pleasure in just about any book. So if I ever give one a terrible rating it has to be pretty darn bad... LOL!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Deb - I am only all week behind in visiting the Monday Meme. :) I'm with you on eclectic reading and liking most books. I see you and I are reading some of the same SB books. I'll have to check out your reviews too. I hope your week has been grand.