Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (6)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books. The hop is a great place for bloggers to connect, get to know each other a little better, and share a love for reading. The Hop runs from Friday to Monday every week, you can hop now or anytime over the weekend. You've got to try it... it's a blast! There is a Mr. Linky provided, so let's start hopping!

Question for the week:

If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?

My answer:

If I am choosing books for myself, I always read from the beginning because I think you tend to loose something along the way. Whether it's in the backstory of the characters or just in the overall feel of the series. However, since I've been blogging I've been asked to review some books out of order in several series'. I have done that and in some cases have had the opportunity to read the other books first, but usually not. I always make that clear in my review and let the reader know if I feel like the book can stand alone as a good read or whether they really have to read the others first. But, I always tend to go back and read the others if I liked the one I did read.

4 comments:

kel said...

Ok first of all... I LOVE your blog!! Very cool!!!!

And I have to start with the first book! I am very weird like that.. I cannot start in the middle of anything, it drives me nuts!!

Girls with Books
Teen Bookshelf

Kim @ The Caffeinated Diva said...

I love your blog! I'm like you, I HAVE to start at the beginning of a series!!

Jeremy said...

Hi,
I'm stopping by for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday. I hope you have a great weekend. Happy Reading!

I'm an old follower.

Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by from the hop....stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com