Sunday, November 14, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (44)

Shelia at, One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag!, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

Roses by Leila Meacham (My Review)
A Woman and Her Workplace by Rosemay Flaaten (My Review)
Kasey to the Rescue by Ellen Rogers (My Review)
The Forever Queen by Helen Hollick (My Review)
Moonlight Bleu by Renee Rearden (My Review)
The Legacy of Pemberley (Pemberley Chronicles - Book 10) by Rebecca Ann Collins (My Review)
The Phoenix Charm (Magic Knot Fairies - Book 2) by Helen Scott Taylor (My Review)
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins - Book 1) by H.P. Mallory (My Review)
To Kill a Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil - Book 1) by H.P. Mallory (My Review)
Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan - Book 1) by Kim Harrison (Review coming soon!)

Favorites of the week: The Forever Queen was excellent historical fiction and I really enjoyed The Phoenix Charm as well, great paranormal reading.

Other things going on this past week: Several giveaways, check out the sidebar. I am joining the Thankfully Reading Weekend and I picked up a Secret Santa, as well as joining a holiday reading challenge. Details for all of these are on the sidebar.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

Jane Eyre Readable Classic by Charlotte Bronte and Wayne Josephson (Historical Fiction)
A Secret Gift: How One Man's Kindness - and a Trove of Letters - Revealed the Hidden History of the Great Depression by Ted Gup (Historical Fiction)
The Taming of the Wolf by Lydia Dare (Paranormal Romance)
A Child of the Northern Spring (Guinevere Trilogy - Book 1) by Persia Woolley (Historical Fiction)
From the Dead by John Herrick (Contemporary Fiction)
Love's First Light by Jamie Carie (Christian Fiction)

What I'm looking forward to: The Taming of the Wolf, great paranormal romance & A Child of the Northern Spring, Arthurian Legends have always fascinated me.

What's coming up this week: Two new giveaways!

UP NEXT:

The Scarlett Letter Readable Classic by Nathaniel Hawthorne and edited by Wayne Josephson (For review from the author)

Concrete Operational Boxed Set by Richard Galbreath (For review from the author)

Wind and Fire by Cheryl Landmark (For review from the author)

The Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox by Tim Ostermeyer (For review from Phenix & Phenix Publicity)

Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner (For review Library Thing Early Reviews)

Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry (For review from Tyndale)

The Sixth Surrender by Hana Samek Norton (For review from Pump Up Your Book Promotions)

A Very Private Grave (The Monetary Murders series - Book 1) by Donna Fletcher Crow (For review from Kregel Publications)

Welcome to Serenity ( Sweet Magnolia's - Book 4) by Sherryl Woods (For review from the author)

12 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Wow! The Scarlet Letter is one I would really like to read. Cant wait to read your review!

Jennifer said...

I read several of these and some are on my list. I adored The Scarlet Letter! Have a fabulous week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-13.html

Martha Eskuchen said...

As always you have read so many books! You and I are reading a few of the same - some you read sooner and some I do. :o)
I want to read the Helen Scott Taylor books - someday.
I note that you liked The Forever Queen although I am not going to read your review yet. I am struggling getting through that one.

Have a great week!

Maree said...

Happy reading!

Kathy Martin said...

You had such a good week. I am fascinated by The Forever Queen. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

dollycas aka Lori said...

You always leave me in the dust, I wish I could read as fast as you!! I am also doing the Christmas Challenge and am lining up my books getting ready!!

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

RAnn said...

Lady in Waiting is Great; I also like Almost Heaven

Caroline said...

Wow, what a great reading week you've had! I'm feeling a little slow looking at the four tiny books I managed to finish. Have a great reading week!
My Monday: http://wordsandwhisperings.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-2.html

justpeachy36 said...

It's all in the time you have. For the moment I have a lot of time on my hands and I usually have these started well in advance of the week I finish them.

The1stdaughter said...

Wow! What a week you've had and you already have more reviews posted. Just incredible! I'm really interested in A Secret Gift, and your review looked great. May have to pick it up soon.

Have a fabulous reading week and thanks for stopping by earlier!

pussreboots said...

To counter balance the large number of academic journal articles I'm reading, I read a bunch of books off my wishlist. Here's what I'm reading this week.

Elisha German said...

You always amaze me with how much you get accomplished each week. I'm so jealous ;p Here is mine:
http://bookjunkiemom.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_15.html