Sunday, November 7, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (43)

Shelia at, One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund (My review)
Act Like We're in Love by Christi Barth (My review)
Bound by Trust by Lila Munro (My review)
Little Shepherd by Cheryl Malandrinos (My review)
Heart with Joy by Steve Cushman (My review)
City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell (My review)
Fated by S.G. Browne (My review)
When No One is Watching by Joseph Hayes (My review)
Devotions for the God Girl by Hayley DiMarco (My review)
Desperate Duchesses (Desperate Duchesses - Book 1) by Eloisa James (Review coming soon)
The Lightening Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Book 1) by Rick Riordan (Review coming soon)

Favorite's of the week: City of Tranquil Light was really, really good. I loved the devotional, Devotions for the God Girl for my daughters and Desperate Duchesses was a great historical romance.

Other happenings of the week: The Act Like We're in Love giveaway and the Little Shepherd giveaway. The giveaway for A Discovery of Witches + some great book buttons is still going on. I also signed up at The NeverEnding Story for the 2010 Booklovers Secret Santa. Click here for details.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

Roses by Leila Meacham (Historical Romance)
A Woman and Her Workplace by Rosemary Flaaten (Christian Growth)
Kasey to the Rescue by Ellen Rogers (Memoir)
The Forever Queen by Helen Hollick (Historical Fiction)
Moonlight Bleu by Renee Rearden (Paranormal Romance)
The Legacy of Pemberley (The Pemberley Chronicles - Book 10) by Rebecca Ann Collins (Jane Austen Fiction)
The Phoenix Charm (Magic Knot Faery World - Book 2) by Helen Taylor Scott (Paranormal Romance)
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins - Book 1) by H.P. Mallory (Paranormal Fiction)
To Kill a Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil - Book 1) by H.P. Mallory (Paranormal Fiction)

Current E-Book: Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan - Book 1) by Kim Harrison
Current Audio Book: Darkfever (Fever - Book 1) by Karen Moning

Looking Forward to this Week: The Forever Queen, excellent historical fiction, The Phoenix Charm, loved the first Magic Knot book, and both H.P. Mallory books, love the covers on these.

UP NEXT:

Jane Eye (Readable Classic) by Charlotte Bronte, edited by Wayne Josephson (For review from the editor)

A Secret Gift: How One Man's Kindness - And A Trove of Letters - Revealed the Hidden History of the Great Depression by Ted Gup (For review from TLC Book Tours)

The Taming of the Wolf by Lydia Dare (For review from Sourcebooks)

A Child of the Northern Spring (The Guinevere Trilogy - Book 1) by Persia Woolley (For review from Sourcebooks)

From the Dead by John Herrick (For review from the author)

Love's First Light by Jamie Carie (For review from B & H Publishing)

14 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Impressive collection of books...hope you enjoy them.

Here's my Monday:

Click on my name....

Jennifer said...

I adore Jane Eyre, such a brilliant novel! I have Children of the Northern Spring to read on my shelf. You have a great list, enjoy! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-12.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Super reading week for you! WOW!!!

Maree said...

Wow, you've got a great week ahead - happy reading!

Jan von Harz said...

You had a great week. I really enjoyed reading your review of Heart with Joy. Hope this week is as good.

Anonymous said...

Lots of reading, wow! Hope you have just as good a week this week!

http://leeswammes.wordpress.com Leeswammes (Judith)

Shan said...

Wow! I am very impressed with your lists. Hope you have a wonderful week!

My Monday is here

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

Great list of books! I read all the Percy Jackson books and The Lost Hero is on my list to read for this week. Come check it out! Have a great week!!

Carrie
www.just-one-more-chapter.com

Anonymous said...

I just finished The Good Daughters by Joan Maynard it was a terrific book.
GloriaDeal@aol.com

dollycas aka Lori said...

Looks like great reading both last week and this!!!

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I received for review Expiation by Greg Messel from Author Solutions.

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your books. Research and wishlist books make up the bulk of my reading last week. Here's what I'm reading this week.

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I've heard really great things about The Forever Queen, I'll have to check it out :) Hope you have a good week!

Mine is:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1905

Becky said...

All of these look great... I am also a huge Jane Eyre fan and love anything dark and mysterious! Right now I am reading "Mojo" by Kris Sedersten. Mojo has been an absolutely thrilling read- it takes the reader on a descriptive scenic tour through a haunted plantation deep in the Louisiana countryside.