Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (42)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

I generally do things a little differently. Since I read and review several books a week. I put up a teaser from each book that will be featured on my blog each week. Here are this weeks teasers:

The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund, page 100. The rumors that wove through the crowd made her heart lurch and weakened her knees until she sagged against Anne. She closed her eyes to Block out the dizzying sounds.

Act Like We're In Love by Christi Barth. Linnea had no idea what to say, where to begin. To her immense relief, Luke cleared his throat and took the lead. "Gotta say, this was a great way to end lunch."

Bound by Trust by Lila Munro. Despite her promise not to feel anything for him after wondering where he was all weekend, she found herself attracted to him all over again. She made a quick mental inventory of why she shouldn't be, but she fell into a trance over his eyes, and muscles, and voice anyway.



Little Shepherd by Cheryl Malindrinos, page 10. Father nodded at the shepherds. They left the new family and headed back to the field. Along the way the shepherds sang, thanking God for the birth of the Savior the angels had told them about.

Heart with Joy by Steve Cushman, page 50. He didn't say another to me, but kept alternating between thirty chest compressions and breathing twice into the man's mouth. Time seemed to slow down, and for a few minutes the only thing I could hear was my father's heavy breathing.

City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell, page 123. The smaller man seemed to be in charge. As I stood there he looked me over cooly and seemed unimpressed with what he saw. A boy of perhaps ten sat on the floor at his his feet. He turned to the young man and asked pleasantly, "Shall I kill him for you?"

Fated by S.G. Browne, page 222. From this distance, it's hard to get a good look at the figure's face. But when another image of the figure appears on the fifty-inch, high-definition screen, enlarged and digitally enhanced, it's apparent the figure looks a lot like me.

When No One is Watching by Joseph Hayes, page 200. "Well, then, maybe Van Howe is afraid of her, too," Schwartz replied. "But whether he's afraid of her or worships her, there's no evidence of infidelity or any other kind of misconduct since he arrived on the public scene."

Devotions for the God Girl by Hayley DiMarco, page 62. What's your legacy gonna be? When you're dead and gone, what are people going to remember abou tyou and treasure that was yours?

4 comments:

Lorin said...

I'm impressed - that's a lot of books for one week. Hope you are enjoying them.

I have a nonfiction teaser at arch thinking today.

fredamans said...

City of Tranquil Light appeals to me most.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-time.html

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from The Trophy Bride’s Tale by Cyrilla Barr (page 1):

I have never seen an execution! I am terrified & tremble uncontrollably now as I stand on the fringes of restless crowd desperately hoping that no one will notice me in my shabby pilgrim’s weeds. At that I saw his face break into a warm smile and I knew I had at last reached safer ground.Here is my teaser from The Trophy Bride’s Tale by Cyrilla Barr (page 1):

I have never seen an execution! I am terrified & tremble uncontrollably now as I stand on the fringes of restless crowd desperately hoping that no one will notice me in my shabby pilgrim’s weeds. At that I saw his face break into a warm smile and I knew I had at last reached safer ground.Here is my teaser from The Trophy Bride’s Tale by Cyrilla Barr (page 1):

I have never seen an execution! I am terrified & tremble uncontrollably now as I stand on the fringes of restless crowd desperately hoping that no one will notice me in my shabby pilgrim’s weeds. At that I saw his face break into a warm smile and I knew I had at last reached safer ground.

Jennifer said...

Impressive list of teasers. I have The City of Tranquil Light waiting for me. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-outside-the-ordinary-world.html