Sunday, March 28, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (16)

Shelia at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet series - Book 2) by Nora Roberts (Audio book from the Library)
The Promise of Morning (At Home in Beldon Grove series - Book 2) by Ann Shorey (For review from Revell)
An Absence So Great (Portraits of the Heart series - Book 2) by Jane Kirkpatrick (For review from Waterbrook Multnomah)

I obviously didn't finish Outlander. I knew I wouldn't be able to because this e-book is from the library and not for review, so it kind of takes a backseat to other things. I will just read along on it as I have time. So far though, I really love it! I had a good reading week this week, though it took more time to finish An Absence So Great than I would have liked. Having some remodeling done and it's hard to read for the noise and very distracting... LOL!

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

Celebration by Fern Michaels (Audio book from the Library)
Outlander (Outlander series - Book 1) by Diana Gabaldon (E-Book from the Library)
Watchlist: Two Serial Thrillers in One Killer Book by Jeffery Deaver (For review from Media Muscle)
A Certain Wolfish Charm (The Westfield Wolves series - Book 1 {Tentative Series Title}) by Lydia Dare (For review from Sourcebooks)
This Little Prayer of Mine by Anthony DeStefano (For review from Waterbrook Multnomah)

Keep in mind that it's gonna take awhile for me to finish Outlander and Celebration as these two are secondary to my titles for review. This Little Prayer of Mine is a hardcover children's book. I am usually reading a print title, an e-book and listening to a audio book each week. Sometimes I get them all done, sometimes I don't. My goal is at least two books a week.

UP NEXT:

The Highest Stakes by Emery Lee (For review from Sourcebooks)

I choose only one up next selection a week because I never really know what I'm going to read next.

16 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

I have an Absence so Great on my list this week - looking forward to it!

Here is my Monday: http://thelostentwife.net/2010/03/28/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-14/

Gwen said...

Watchlist sounds good from the synopsis, enjoy!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have a Jefferey Deaver book I picked up a couple months ago. I look forward to it. Hope you enjoy your week!

Michelle said...

I've been wanting to get into the Outlander series for some time. Hope you're enjoying it!

Here's my IMWAYR:
http://literarilyspeaking1.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-march_29.html

Athira said...

I have to try Outlander some time... it's size just puts me off! Have a good week!

Ruth Schaller said...

Hope you have a great reading week! Those look interesting. Here is mine: http://ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_29.html

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I love the Outlander series! I seriously got lost in it, I would just sit and read for days and ignore everything else I needed to do :)

Hope you have a great week! Mine is much less exciting:

http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1197

justpeachy36 said...

LOL...

So far I'm really loving Outlander. The size is intimidating before you start reading but once you're in there it's engrossing.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have some great books there. I've been wanting to read Bed of Roses...and the Fern Michaels isn't one I've heard of. I've been remiss in reading these two authors lately!

Here's mine:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_28.html

Michelle Santiago said...

hi!! i've seen the outlander series all over the place but the lenght scares me lol. but definitely one day i'll pick it up... can't miss an epic like that! seems you have a great line up this week. happy reading :)

Sarah said...

I love the Bride Quartet Series. My favorite so far is the first book. I did not like Emma's story as much as I thought I would.

Hope you have a great week!

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

A lively list indeed! Happy Reading!
Here's mine, if you care to stop by!
http://sharonsgardenofbookreviews.blogspot.com

Rebecca Chapman said...

That's a whole lot of Book 2's that you finished! I love reading series too. Im also impressed at the variety of the modes of your reading - ebooks, audiobooks and real books. Im a bit traditional I think.

Heres my its monday
http://pageturnersbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_30.html

Ellz said...

Lots of reading accomplished. Have a great week.

Martha Eskuchen said...

You have some interesting books! I am just starting The Highest Stakes too. Hope its been a good week for you.