Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (5)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer, at Crazy-For-Books. The hop is a great place for bloggers to connect, get to know each other a little better, and share a love for reading that can't be matched. The Hop runs from Friday to Monday, you can hop now or throughout the weekend. You've got to try it... it's a blast! There is a Mr. Linky provided at Crazy-For-Books, so let's start hopping!

Here is the question for this week:

What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

My answer:

I think there are different reasons for losing followers. Usually I think it is just a matter of not having content that appeals to them. Over time they just stop following the blogs that they don't like for whatever reason. Also, I think some people just follow for the duration of a contest or giveaway and then drop you back off, which is a bit disconcerting, but there are ways to get around that, not requiring giveaway entrants to be followers, etc. etc. etc. I expect it to happen sometimes but it pans out in the end. I have stopped following a few blogs on occasion, usually due to the blogger not posting content for a long period of time, or basically not updating their blog.

7 comments:

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

Hi there! its my first blog hop and I'm enjoying all these book lover blogs! I love the look you have here. Very cool...reminds me my blog needs a makeover LOL Thanks for a great post!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from the Hop! I don't follow blogs, just bookmark those that interest me (that's a lot!) and I don't follow people just to enter a contest either.

Happy weekend

Susan said...

Your blog has a beautiful layout! I'm stopping by from the hop.
Susan from Reading World
http://susancoventry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

HI,
Just hopping by. I think being bummed is normal, as long as you don't dwell on it :)

Jeremy said...

Hello,
I'm making my rounds on the Blog Hop and Follow Friday too say hello and share the love. I really try to be a faithful follower that visits often but I don't always have the time to comment like I should. I hope you have a spectacular weekend and Happy Reading.

I'm a old follower.
Romance Book Junkies

Linda said...

Followers come and go - but they really come back when you have a giveaway!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Visiting from the Book Blogger Hop, my first Hop, so I'm enJOYing meeting some new book enthusiasts and I am a faithful follower.