Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (46)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

I have a few issues this week:

For awhile now I have been experimenting with ways to do this meme. At first I just posted a teaser from the book I was reading at the moment, but I decided I wanted to do a little more than that. So, I started posting several teasers, one from each book I would be reviewing for the given week, but that almost seems too much. It could be anywhere from 5 to 8 teasers in a weeks time. I don't think either decision is right for me at the moment LOL...

So, I'm going to try something else. I'm going to try posting 3 teasers a week. From books I particularly enjoyed that will be featured on my blog during the given week and we'll see how that goes. I might change it again... you know how it is... got to tweek it bit to make it mine! Please feel free to tell me which way you like it best or if you have other ideas!

My other issue is the time when the meme posts. Personally, I like to post my weekly post close to the time that the host puts up the post for the week. With this one it's hard because of the time difference. I have considered the possibility of choosing a different meme on Tuesdays for this reason. If you have suggestions on other Tuesday meme's you like or if you have suggestions for a new meme we might start, please feel free to let me know that too. I like this meme and want to keep doing it, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my blog. These are only suggestions!

Here are my three teasers for this week:

Beneath the Thirteen Moons by Kathryne Kennedy, page 203. Korl's eyes burned into hers when the kit flailed at his shoulder and used it in a last desperate attempt to push himself back onto the branch. Mahri heard flesh rip, felt wet warmth splash across her stomach and still the man didn't move, just stared at her until she thought he could see right through to her heart and its violent constriction in response to his own pain.

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley, page 169. The countess, with no personal attachment, said, 'If he should be captured, then our plans may be discovered.' She had finished with the flower she was working and she bit the blood-red thread through with precision.

God Loves Single Moms by Teresa Whitehurst, 91. The challenge is knowing that, "the buck stops here," figuratively and literally, especially if we're not making as much money as we'd like or if the work we do is unsatisfying. The goal of this chapter is to help you step back, get some perspective, and evaluate your financial situation, how well your income meets your family's needs, and how closely your work reflects your talents and aspirations.

Let me know what you think of all this, I really need some input!

9 comments:

fredamans said...

I like your teasers, but do you really think you should change someone elses' meme that you joined in? I'd be offended if it was my meme. Sorry to be blunt, but you asked.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaset-time.html

justpeachy36 said...

LOL... Be blunt... that's what I need! I suppose my thinking was basically to adapt it a little to make it my own, but you may be right. Perhaps I should just stick to the program! I certainly don't mean to offend anyone...

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from The Wolves of Andover by Kathleen Kent (Page 8):

Martha saw it all clear in that moment: this was the instant her place in the family would be decided. If she lost her footing at the outset, she would forever be dealt with as no more than a servant.

justpeachy36 said...

Great teaser, Tribute...

That's one I might have to read!

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Plenty of teasing happening here. Nice!


UnRead Brains is not only making our debut appearance for the teaser but on the blog-o-sphere.
Hope to see you soon! *evil grin*

Black Disaster Fairy
http://unreadbrains.blogspot.com/

Arlee Bird said...

Don't know of any other Tuesday Memes and I usually don't participate in them most of the time.
I'd say do this one the way the rules call for or start one of your own.

Of course who am I to be saying anything. I didn't follow the exact rules but I have a reason
here's my teaser:
Tossing It Out

Lee

Arlee Bird said...

By the way, love the picture on your blog page. Cool template.

Lee
Tossing It Out

justpeachy36 said...

Well you can definitely expect to see some changes to this one... I'll either go back to the original format or discontinue it all together and try something new. I didn't occur to me that I shouldn't change it from the original format, but I have been enlightened.

Thank-You for your comments and your honesty!!!

Jenny Q said...

All great teasers! The Winter Sea is one I want to read. My Teaser is from Firelight and I've got a big Christmas Giveaway underway! Please stop by!