Friday, November 12, 2010

Review: 7th Heaven

7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club - Book 7) by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

Publication Date: November 2009
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Formats: Hardcover, Paperback, Nook, Kindle, Audio, etc.
Genre: Thriller/Suspense/Crime
ISBN-13: 9780446536240
ISBN: 0446536245

(Borrowed from the Library)

Purchase: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, IndieBound

Author's Website: www.jamespatterson.com

Excerpt from 7th Heaven: Click HERE!

Books in the Series:



























































Synopsis
(Book Blurb):

The Women's Murder Club faces not one - but two- terrifying cases that may tear it apart. The teenage son of California's ex-governor has mysteriously vanished - and the pressure on Detective Lindsay Boxer to find him is overwhelming. When she finally does get a lead, it's devastating. At the same time, Lindsay and her partner Rich Conklin, must investigate mysterious fires that are destroying some of San Fransisco's most beautiful homes - and leaving their owners dead in the debris. But when Lindsay enlists her friends in the Women's Murder Club to help uncover the arsonist, the blazes suddenly rage much too close to home.. and the detective's life may go up in flames.

Thoughts:

As many of you know I am a big James Patterson Fan and The Women's Murder Club series is one of my favorites. I don't read a lot of thrillers, because they don't seem to interest me as much as other genre's, but James Patterson is definitely one of the exceptions. The Women's Murder Club series is different from some thrillers in that, you have a group of very intelligent and determined women who work together to solve crimes that hit very close to home in some instances. 7th Heaven in the seventh book in the series. Joined once again by his co-author Maxine Paetro, Patterson gives a book that has not only one case, but two.

Detective Lindsay Boxer is under some serious pressure when the son of the former governor disappears. Not only is he famous, but he has a very serious heart condition. No leads, he just disappeared. Then they get a tip that he was seen on the night of his death at the home of a local prostitute, shocking San Francisco and turning the Women's Murder Club upside down. Not only is Lindsay and her partner Rich dealing with this case, but they have another terrifying case involving murder and the fires in San Francisco's most affluent neighborhoods. Latin inscriptions in books left at the scene's of the crimes, give them something to go on until everything seems to go up in flames.

I really enjoy James Patterson's writing. I have some qualms about the fact that he basically just fleshes out the ideas and the co-authors do most of the writing. I have heard this, I'm not entirely sure it's true I hope it's not, but I still want to give some kudos to Maxine Paetro, for a very well thought out plot and an all around great novel. The chapters are short and full of action. The plot is totally conflict driven. Patterson and Paetro don't fiddle around with giving you details upon details of backstory, they just put it all out there and let you figure it out through the action.

One of things that I love is that I think I have it figured out right, and darned if I don't, LOL! Right to the very end, there is always something unexpected. I love that! I don't get stumped too often on a plot, but just about everyone of his books do that to me. I also like the fact that The Women's Murder Club consists of some very strong women. Lindsay, the police detective, Yuki, the lawyer, Cindy, the reporter and Claire, the medical examiner. That's a tough bunch, probably very hard to stump this kind of crew. I love the fast paced, in your face style of this series and I'm looking forward to reading book 8. I'm almost caught up on this series, 10th Anniversary, book 10 in the Women's Murder Club series, comes out in 2011.

7th Heaven and the other books in The Women's Murder Club series are available NOW from your favorite bookseller.

This one is another 5 out of 5 apple book! I love a good series!

2 comments:

Mystica said...

I hadn't heard of this one so thank you for the review. He is such a popular author that the book will be available!

Book Loving Mommy said...

I love the Women's Club mysteries too! I like the short chapters that make the book so fast-paced adn like you, I always think I know "who-dunnit" and never do! Thanks for the heads up about 10th Anniversary!