Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (7)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books. The hop is a great place for bloggers to connect, get to know each other a little better, and share a love for reading. The Hop runs from Friday to Monday every week, you can hop now or any time over the weekend. You've got to try it... It's a blast! There is a Mr. Linky provided, so let's start hopping!

Question of the week:

Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this weeks hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!

My Answer:

I think Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite holidays of the year. This year I am especially thankful for my family at home and my church family. It's nice to know that you have have people who love you and who you can count on. There isn't too much in this world that's more important than that!

We don't have a lot of specific Thanksgiving traditions, like we do for Christmas, but my daughters and I make it a point to watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special each year and they always pull the wishbone to see who gets the bigger side and gets to make a special wish. We always have a big huge dinner with my mom and dad and siblings and all the grandchildren and we have a big dinner at our church as well. I love the stuffing... that's my favorite part, LOL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your newest follower! I love the stuffing, it's my favorite part of the meal. I usually make it... not trying to be biased (hehe) but it's really good.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Such sweet and simple traditions!
-Anne
http:headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

Judith Leger said...

Thanksgiving is my holiday. My oldest son's birthday is right at this time so it was understood that this would be my holiday to cook and have everyone over. We usually have the traditional Thanksgiving meal. I cook the dressing that my Mom taught me how to make. I love this time of year. I'm off from work almost the whole week. Love it!!

www.judithleger.blogspot.com
www.judithleger.weebly.com

Also writing as:
Jadette Paige
www.jadettepaige.weebly.com

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just hopping by and following though. I hope you enjoy your thnaksgiving!

Shelleyrae @ www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Deepali said...

Have a great thanksgiving break and holiday :)
I've only been to a thanksgiving dinner once, and the food and the variety of all the sides was great!

We have a bunch of festivals here in India, come check out my fav.

- Dee, hopping from e-Volving Books