Sunday, June 20, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (26)

Shelia at, One Person's Journey Through a World of Books gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading???

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

Stay by Allie Larkin (for review from Dutton/Penguin)
P.A.C.E.: The 12-Minute Fitness Revolution by Dr. Al Sears (For review from Phenix Publicity)
Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors series - Book 1) by Ashlyn Chase (For review from Sourcebooks)

Well, I only finished three this week, but I did make my goal of two books a week. I have a lot of things in the works for next week including some great reviews and giveaways, including one for Strange Neighbors tomorrow. I'm really excited about the week ahead and hope I can finish about 5 or 6 instead of 3! I worked on 50 Harbor Street a bit this week, but I was pretty busy with being a mom this week!

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution series - Book 1) by Shana Galen (For review from Sourcebooks)
The Brothers of Gwynedd, Pt. 2, Dragon at Noonday by Edith Pargeter (For review from Sourcebooks)
A Love of Her Own (Heart of the West series - Book 3) by Maggie Brendan (For review from Revell)
Boadicea's Legacy (Boadicea series - Book 3) by Traci E. Hall (E-book for review from Medallion Press)
50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove series - Book 5) by Debbie Macomber (Audio book from the Library)

Rather than having a big huge list, I put up the ones that I hope to work on or finish this week, that doesn't mean I will, but I'm going to hope for the best. I am usually reading a print book, an e-book and listening to audio book each week. My goal to to complete at least two books a week. This week I want to complete 3 for sure and work on 2 others.

UP NEXT:

Private by James Patterson (For review from Hachette Book Group)
Skinny is Overrated: The Real Woman's Guide to Health and Happiness at Any Size by Danielle Milano (For review from Phenix Publicity)
The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman (For review from Dutton/Penguin)
Finding Marco by Kenneth C. Cancellara (For review from Phenix Publicity)
The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords series - Book 1) by Kathryne Kennedy (For review from Sourcebooks)

These are books I could possibly start this week, if I get the opportunity!

12 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Yet another slew of books that Ive never heard of,

Monday Morning Update 49

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am going to have to check out that Strange Neighbors series.... I really like Sourcebooks for books to review.

Jennifer said...

I adored Making of a Duchess and I too am reading Pt. 2 of the Brothers of Gwynedd. Have a wonderful week listening and reading. My MOnday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-21-june.html

Deb said...

I read some of the Cedar Cove books last fall. Enjoy your week. Seems you have many good choices.

Anonymous said...

We just ordered Stay at work, so I'll get to see it soon. Have a great week.

Mystica said...

Wondering how Private is going to be for you. Waiting for your review

Amanda said...

Hi Deb,

That's a lot of books to get through in a week. I've challenged myself to read 10 books per month (or 120 this year), which works out at around 2.5 books per week.

So far, I've managed to keep up the pace, but as I work full time, I can't see that I'll do a challenge like this next year. Maybe when I retire in about 25 years' time!

Lydia said...

Looks like you have a full week planned. I hope you have fun!
Here is my Monday!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Private sounds like a good one...and you have some others I haven't heard of, but think I'd enjoy.

I like the ones about "size," which is an important topic.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

dollycas aka Lori said...

I've THE POSTCARD KILLERS by Patterson to review soon, Private sounds so good too.

too many books, never enough time. :)
Dollycas

Here's my week and enter my contest if you get the chance. http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

SpitFire said...

I'm going to follow you! I love your blog background, and you have tons of books that you're reading, that I've never heard of. Great for new ideas on what to read!!! :)

Llehn said...

Three books a week is awesome. I only managed half a book :(