Monday, June 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (24)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

My teaser this week comes from, Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson, page 293.

"Oh, that's wonderful," I say, and there is an awkward silence. "Not about the break-in, but that you have her, I mean." When I broke Mrs. Fancy's window to get my Pawpy's gun back, I may well have saved her life. I am babbling now, "That neighborhood is going to hell."

10 comments:

E.J. Stevens said...

Intriguing teaser and interesting cover! My Teaser for Captivate is here.

Happy reading. :)

xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows

Unknown said...

interesting teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

fredamans said...

A little hint of mystery there!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser.html

Heather said...

Er, why does she need a gun? Intriguing teaser!
My post: Mum's The Word

Clarissa said...

Slightly confusing teaser - but i guess reading the book would help. Thanks for visiting mine

Beverly said...

Great teaser! Stop by and check out my teaser at The Wormhole.

Novroz said...

A very intriguing teaser.

Thank you visiting my teaser earlier

Anonymous said...

ha, rambling. Great teaser that expresses the awkwardness of the conversation. Hope its an enjoyable read.

thanks for stopping by my place

Laya said...

Intriguing. I like the title! Sorry it took so long for me to comment back; thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

Llehn said...

Love the last line!!