Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (38)

Teaser Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

I generally do things a little bit differently. I usually read and review up to about 5 or 6 books a week and I like to post a teaser from each one.

The Making of a Gentleman by Shana Galen, page 122. "Hips," he said slowly, his voice like worn velvet. The way he tasted words, rolled them over in his mouth, and then allowed them to drop from his lips like honey was far too sensual for her comfort.

A Hellion in Her Bed by Sabrina Jeffries, page 242. It was killing him. How many times had she cried over the man who'd left her and died? How often had her brother driven her to tears? It drove a fist in his gut even to imagine it.

Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine, page 27. Connor Lindsey was a man who had been put in his place many a time while a lad, because he'd been born illegitimate to the way of thinking of many of the Lindsey clan. He childhood had been rough and full of fighting because the clan was in turmoil as it waited to see who would inherit the lairdship.

The Golden Pathway by Donna M. McDine, K.C. Snider, illustrator, page 14. Pa always wanted you to think he had business in town. David knew better. Pa must have thought David and Ma were stupid. Pa's breath always reeked of whiskey upon his return from town.

The House on Malcolm Street by Leisha Kelly, page 154. So much had been going through my mind that, surprisingly, I really hadn't dwelt on the train wreck. But now that she'd persisted to bring it up again, I could feel my heart patter.

Virgin River by Robyn Carr, page 211. Joey sighed heavily. "It's only kissing, Mel. Just take it one kiss at a time." When she hung up the phone, Joey said to her husband Bill, "I have to go to her. I think she might be heading for a crisis."

6 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

Wow. Plenty of teasing there! :) I think The House on Malcolm Street intrigues me the most--I've never heard of it before.

My teaser is from The Starry Rift, an anthology edited by Jonathan Strahan.

Jeremy said...

Great teaser. I don't know how you read that much at one time and keep it all straight. You can read my teaser here:
http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays.html

Belinda said...

Oh what DELICIOUS teasers! There's definitely some books there I'd want to read :)

Here's my TEASER for this week

justpeachy36 said...

Danielle,

I don't always read them all at the same time, but they are the books I'm generally working on for the week. Some I started last week and a couple I haven't started yet, but I generally get them all in before the week is over! I read in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 a week!

Alice Audrey said...

Hips sounds so risque!

My teaser is here.

fredamans said...

All good.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-time.html