Sunday, October 17, 2010

Simply Marvelous Monday (42)

Shelia, at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

FINISHED LAST WEEK:

Bobo's Daughter: One Woman's Journey to Find, Hope, Healing and the Father Behind the Face Paint by Bonnie Barnett (My Review)
Desiree by Annamarie Selinko (My Review)
A Chesapeake Shores Christmas by Sherryl Woods (My Review)
Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron (My review)
The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets series - Book 2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher (My review)
Wicked Company by Ciji Ware (My review)
Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber (My review)
Always: A Teen Devotional by Melody Carlson (My review)
Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler (My review)
The Sheen on the Silk by Anne Perry (Review Coming Soon)
Deadly Night by Heather Graham (Review Coming Soon)

Favorite's of the Week: Dewey's Nine Lives was a great story that anyone with a cherished pet will love, and The Waiting is a great addition to the Lancaster Country Secrets series, Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber was a very good Christmas read by one of my favorite authors.

Other Happening's This Week: The Making of a Gentleman giveaway and the Highland Hellcat giveaway, Posted review of Clockwork Angel (audio book) (My review) and The Fairy Godmother (E-book) (My review) reads for pleasure.

READING OR LISTENING TO THIS WEEK:

Take One Candle, Light a World by Susan Straight (General Fiction)
Nightshade by Andrea R. Cremer (Paranormal)
Don't Look Back (Women of Justice series - Book 2) by Lynette Eason (Christian Fiction)
The Princeling (The Moreland Dynasty series - Book 3) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles (Historical Fiction)
The Passionate Brood by Margret Campbell Barnes (Historical Fiction)
Dismissed With Prejudice by Fletcher Cockrell (General Fiction)
Losing Charlotte by Heather Clay (General Fiction)

Current E-book: 6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber
Current Audio book: Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs

UP NEXT:

Valeria's Cross by Kathi Macias and Susan Wales (For review from the author)

Heart of Stone (Irish Angels series - Book 1) by Jill Landis (For review from Zondervan)

The Miracle of Mercy Land by River Jordan (For review from Waterbrook Multnomah)

A Bloody Field in Shrewsbury: A King, a Prince, and the Knight Who Betrayed Their Destiny by Edith Pargeter (For review from Sourcebooks)

Emily's Chance (The Callahan's of Texas series - Book 2) by Sharon Gillenwater (For review from Revell)

Petra: City of Stone by T.L. Higley (For review from B & H Publishing Group)

Secrets of a Scandalous Bride by Sophie Nash (For review from the author)

16 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What a busy reading week you had! Such an interesting variety of books. I loved Desiree too. I am also looking forward to reading Nightshade. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

Stephanie said...

All these titles are new to me -- it looks like a great line up! I do love Anne Tyler, but I haven't read Noah's Compass yet.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great week! I've been seeing Dewey's Nine Lives all over the blogosphere - glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Deb said...

Very busy week for you. Looks like you have a great week planned. Enjoy.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Petra sounds good! You had an amazing reading week!

pussreboots said...

Looks like a nice mixture of books.
Last week was a nice mixture of research, picture books and reading for fun. Here's what I'm reading this week.

Anonymous said...

What a lot of books you get through! I read your review of Anne Tyler's book and yesterday someone else said the same thing: good for Tyler fans but maybe not so much for others.

Have a great reading week!

Amanda said...

Wow! What a lot of books you're read. I managed 5 last week (although I work full time), and I feel like a slouch!

Unknown said...

I keep thinking I should read Dewey, given I work in a library and all, but I'm really not a cat person. You had a great reading week. Check out my Monday here

http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_18.html

detweilermom said...

Wow what a great list. I have several of those in my TBR mountain and I will be adding several more. Have a great reading week!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your bag is full of delectable looking books...I loved Noah's Compass, and I want the Debbie Macomber book. I have missed the last few she's written...sigh.

Here's my Monday:

Click my name....

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am goid76ng to ask you for the same thing I asked Jennifer for, a little pixie dust to make me read faster...lol I feel so behind this month due my darn cold, need to speed read and get caught up.

You have a great week!!! Hope to see you on Thursday for Enquiring Minds. My first question this week is what day of the week would work best for you for this meme? I truly want it to be a success!

Have a wonderful week!!
Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com

dollycas aka Lori said...

can you tell my cat help me type my reply? The first sentence should read going to ask you...

justpeachy36 said...

I think Thursday is fine for the meme dollycas... don't think I could do it any other day....

Mystica said...

Thats a lot of reading to go through apart from the huge amount you have finished. Wow

justpeachy36 said...

LOL... I have a lot of time on my hands! I take a book everywhere. I listen to one my computer, in my car, on my ipod as I walk everyday... you name it, I always have a book or my Sony reader or something.