Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (15)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is designed to showcase books that are about to release that we can't wait to get our hands on...

My choice this week is: All By My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me by Jeff Dunham, releasing the week of November 2nd.

Synopsis (Courtesy of Barnes & Noble):

His You-Tube video's have been viewed more than 400 million times by fans all over the world. He has played to sold-out venues across North America, Europe, South Africa and Australia. He has sold more than six million DVD's, Forbes has ranked him in their celebrity 100 list of most powerful entertainers for two years running, and he has been the top touring comedian in the United States for the last two years. Whether he is breathing life into an old curmudgeon, an over-caffeinated purple maniac, or a screaming, skeletal, dead terrorist, Jeff Dunham is the straight man to some of the funniest partners in show business.

All by My Selves is the story of one pretty ordinary guy, one interesting hobby, one very understanding set of parents, and a long and winding road to becoming America's funniest comedian. With wit, honesty, and lots of great show business detail, Jeff shares all the major moments in his journey. From the toy dummy he spotted at the toy store when he was 8 years old to playing to arena's filled with screaming fans, Jeff takes readers behind the curtain to explain how he turned an old fashioned art form into something truly modern and hip. Best of all, Jeff's story is accompanied with asides and interruptions from his characters who share all the hilarious details Jeff himself is too embarrassed to include.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Jeff Dunham! Great pick!

It's a Book Thing said...

Jeff Dunham is awesome!

Checkout our WOW
http://itsabookthingblog.blogspot.com/

June G said...

Never heard of this guy. Certainly is different. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Wow...I've never heard of this guy!

TheBookGirl said...

I love that you picked something so unusual..have never heard of him, but the book sounds really interesting! Hope you enjoy it :)

Crystal @ RBtWBC said...

Jeff Dunham cracks me up. Thanks for sharing!

http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

Scoot said...

Jeff Dunham is hilarious. This should be a fun read!

justpeachy36 said...

LOL... Dunham is really hilarious and I'm going to be reviewing the book in November, so I decided to pick it!

Lori said...

No matter how many times I watch him, I am always laughing. Walter is my favorite. Peanut is second. I hope when you get your book, that you will enjoy it as much as you hope to. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

Straylights said...

I love Jeff Dunham! He is hilarious! Walter is my favorite <3



Check out my WoW :D

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

a fab choice

I am a new follower