Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 Where Are You Reading Challenge

I know, I know it's another Challenge! But this one is different. This challenge will allow me to track the settings of the books I like to read.

Shelia at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books hosts the Where Are You Reading meme each week on her blog and this is a challenge she came up with to track where we are reading. The 2011 Where Are You Reading Challenge is one I've decided to participate. (Click on the challenge name for rules and sign-up information.) I have already entered the 50 State Challenge, but this one allows me to put in books I read, that are set in other countries as well.

It is pretty simple to do. Set up a Google Map for the challenge and then upload the cover to Picasa Web Albums. Every time you read a book you put a blue push pin in the place where the book primarily takes place. The push pin is the connected to a photo of the book cover and the cover is attached with a link to the review of that book. It sounds a little complicated, but it's really not. I've already tried it out and I think I can do it. There is a prize attached to the challenge for those who read a book from each of the fifty states.

I'm looking forward to this one and I'll have my map link on the sidebar with my challenges so you can see how I'm doing.

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Glad to have you joining in on the challenge. I put up my first peg on the map today - Georgia! Have fun!