Thursday, December 2, 2010

Enquiring Minds Want To Know

Enquiring Minds Want To Know is a weekly meme hosted by Dollycas' Thoughts. How well do you know your favorite bloggers? This meme is designed to help us find out a little about each other every week. A Mr. Linky is provided so we can keep up with each other. Please help this meme to become a success. Join in and answer Dollycas' questions each week... It's fun and entertaining!

It is week 14 and here are the questions and my answers for this week:

1.) What is your biggest pet peeve?

I don't have too many real pet peeves, but I am a stickler when it comes to books. I don't like bent pages. I don't like broken spines or basically any kind of damage to a book. I'm picky about who I loan them to and how they treat them when they have them LOL... I'm such a book addict!!!

2.) Do you shop online?

I do quite a bit of shopping online actually. Especially for things I can't find around my home town. We are a very small community and very rural, so sometimes it's easier to buy things online than travel 200 miles to find them. I am also an ebay shopper. I like to find batches of books and buy them on ebay. Sometimes you can find an entire series. You have to be careful about condition but most of the time you can tell what they are going to look like from the pictures that are posted.

3.) Have you ever traveled by train?

A train line ran through our community when I was a kid for years. It wasn't a passenger train though, mostly coal from coalfields. I had the really horrible experience of losing a friend to a train accident when I was in middle school, so I rarely think about riding one. But, I did travel on the Christmas Train with my brother when he was a CubScout. Santa visited all the kids and gave out gifts, it was really nice, but I tend to shy away from trains after the accident.

4 comments:

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am so sorry about your friend. We have a passenger train stop about 3 miles away, a lot of freight trains too and every so often there is an accident, as the train does run right through the town in several places and on the roads around here. A Christmas sounds like a lot of fun, a Circus train used to make stop here which was really neat with all the animals in beautiful cages but actually train cars.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost a friend in such an awful way.

I agree 100% about books. I don't like them messed up either.

Barb said...

Sorry about your friend! I don't share your opinion about books. I'll read anything I can get my hands on in almost any condition! I also live in a small town and my sources of books are not very good - I take what I can get! I used to take the train every day to work, but I've moved out of the big city and no longer have that option.

Carol said...

Great meme post! I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that in the near future you will get over your fear of trains.