Saturday, December 4, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (9) (posted on Saturday this week)

I'm running a bit behind this week on the meme's I participate in, so I'm using Saturday as a catch-up for the week. I will be posting Waiting on Wednesday and the Book Blogger Hop today along with On My Wish List and about three reviews! (if I get them all in)!

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books. The hop is a way for bloggers to connect, and share their love for reading and books. The hop runs from Friday to Monday each week, you can hop now or later in the weekend. A Mr. Linky is provided with over 300 blogs participating weekly... give it a try! I know you'll like it...

Question of the Week:

What very popular and hyped book in the blogsphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?

My Answer:

To be honest I very rarely meet a book that I don't find something to like about. If I don't particularly like the plot, usually there is a character I like, or the setting is very stimulating. The writing itself may be the highlight for me, since I love to read books that have refreshing writing styles. I don't put up too many reviews that are negative basically because I am a writer myself and I know what it takes to put a book out there and the hard work, blood, sweat and tears that go into it. I appreciate the process and I tend to find something that I like. That's not to say that I don't put up constructive criticism, I do, but I try to do it in a tactful and helpful manner.

Most of the books that have been hyped up lately... I've liked a lot, so I haven't really worried about putting up my two cents worth. But, if I came across one I didn't care for, I'm sure I'd say so and give my reasons why... I want people to be honest with me on my writing so I try to do the same, just not in a harsh or demeaning way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your answer! Just proves that no book is perfect.

Brenda said...

Your blog background is great--I like it a lot!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Love your Book Blogger Hop comment and I agree, wholeheartedly!