Thursday, December 30, 2010

Enquiring Minds Want To Know

Enquiring Minds Want To Know is a weekly meme created by Dollycas' Thoughts. How well do you know your favorite bloggers? Dollycas asks a few weekly questions so that we can learn more about each other a little bit each week. A Mr. Linky is provided so we can keep up with what we're learning. Give it a try... It's lots of fun!

It's week 18! Here are this weeks questions and my answers:

1.) Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?

It's been a hard year for us financially, and I didn't really have a lot of expectations or wants this Christmas. I guess my biggest wish was that the kids had a great Christmas and in that since, I most definitely got what I wanted. My daughters were healthy and safe and got lots of great gifts and had tons of fun. To me it didn't really matter what I got for gifts or even if I got any. I just wanted to spend time with my family and enjoy that time and I did! (Big smile!)

2.) Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

I'm not a resolution maker. Basically because most of the time I don't follow through. However, I do set goals. It may not be on New Years, but relatively close to the beginning of the new year. I don't always meet every goal, but I can track my progress usually. Small steps toward something bigger. Do I have goals in mind for the new year? A couple... (wink!)

3.) How will you spend New Year's Eve and New Year's Day this year?

The girls will be home on New Year's Eve this year and we plan to have a family game night, with board games, pizza, and of course Friday Night Smack Down (wrestling).

New Year's Day... don't have any big plans. My mom is determined to cook some cabbage, so we'll have some money this year... LOL!

2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad you were able to have a good Christmas even with the hard financial year. This is the first Christmas in a very long time that my husband and I were able to get each other gifts. And, even though it was nice, the other Christmases without all the commercialization added to it seemed more endearing. :)

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am so sorry it took me so long to post. The stomach flu has taken up residence in our house. I finally feel back to myself today but hubby is now on Round#2.

I love the way you feel about Christmas, me too, as long as the kids are happy I am thrilled.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!